Monday, April 9, 2012

Grilled Green Beans


GGB1
I have to thank my sister-in-law Brandy for introducing me to cooking green beans this way a couple of years ago.  There really isn't much of a recipe...she told me "green beans, garlic, salt, pepper, and oil"...Let me tell you, these green beans are so unbelievably delicious I constantly tell Timothy that I really could eat just a whole entire plate of them.  I really could.  Sorry for all you ham hock & onion, cook to death green bean lovers out there (I still love those by the way) but these are stinking amazing.  And I don't use that word lightly.  Try it, I swear I'll make a believer out of you!

The best green beans I have found are the frozen ones from Sam's Club.  They are whole, long, green beans and are not cut.  You can use cut frozen green beans, those work just fine.  But these are skinny and long and the ends char up really well....So take those beautiful frozen green beans and mix in all the rest of the stuff.  I love garlic so I put in 2 cloves, plenty of salt, and pepper.  If you put too much on, no big deal, it really flavors the green beans and most of it ends up in the bottom of the pan.

Spread them out on a pan, pop them into the oven, and let the magic happen...Mmmmmmmmm, check those out!  There's a few beans in there that have charred edges, but that's the best part.  I usually cook them even further than this, but Timothy was starving, so I pulled them out a little ahead of time.  Still delicious, crispy, flavorful...just plain good!

Grilled Green Beans
printable recipe

Ingredients:

2-3 cups frozen green beans
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
kosher salt
cracked black pepper
extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425°. Drizzle the green beans with enough oil just to coat and give them a little shine. Add the garlic and sprinkle the salt and pepper. I toss with my fingers to coat all the green beans. Place on an ungreased pan (this is where the stoneware comes in handy, but a cookie sheet will do too.) Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until green beans have crisped up on the edges and start to wrinkle. You may want to use tongs to turn them halfway through.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm I lurve these green beans, and I often do either garlic salt or lemon pepper as well since I'm making them fairly often at our house.

    PS I nominated you for a fun little award over on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, your green beans look delicious! This recipe is going on my must-try list. Be sure to check out Samsclub.com/meals for recipes that will complement your green beans. One of my favorite recipes to serve with green beans is our Mom’s Pot Pie. Thank you for sharing AND for shopping at Sam’s Club! – Ramona from Sam’s Club

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I just made these last week and they were so delicious, we made them again the next night. And then, I made the recipe again the next night with asparagus and I'm not even embarrassed to admit I ate the whole package myself. SO GOOD!! Definitely a recipe keeper, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...