Friday, October 5, 2012

Banana Muffins

DSC_0521
I’m sorry, I can’t help but brag a little bit.  My grandma’s banana bread recipe is the shiz.  Seriously.  I know your grandma’s recipe may be your favorite, but please humor me and try this.  I was working on creating some nutella swirled banana muffins (recipe to follow later) and needed a good base.  So I went back to the old standby.  Grandma’s recipe can’t be messed with.  To be honest I almost liked it better in muffin form.  It was quick, and easy, and on the go.  Perfect for a busy mama.  I can’t wait to introduce these to baby boy.  I hope he likes bananas!
DSC_0496
Ahhhhhh batter.  Why is it so hard for me to stay away from it?!?  It’s like it calls out to me!  Eaaaattttt meeeeee!
DSC_0499
Yeah I went a little overboard on the cooking spray…but you didn’t notice at all right?
DSC_0513
Try your hardest not to eat it straight out of the oven.  But if you can’t resist…slather some butter on it (you can see all the glorious butter in those nooks and crannies) and call it a day.  A really really good day.

Banana Muffins
makes approx. 18-24 muffins Ingredients: 1 stick of butter, softened 1 cup of sugar 2 eggs ½ tsp vanilla 1 tsp baking soda salt (leave out if you used salted butter) 2 cups flour 3-4 very ripe bananas, enough to make a generous cup 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions: 1. Cream butter, sugar, and eggs together. Add vanilla. Add flour, sift if possible with baking soda and salt. Add mashed bananas and nuts. 2. Pour into greased muffin tin.  Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean in the center.  Let cool slightly and remove from pan.

Linked to: Naptime Creations
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...