Friday, April 6, 2012

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits


GCB2

A couple of years ago I wrote on a cooking blog called Yum in my Tum with my best friend Lori.  It was a great place for us to store our recipes and try out new things.  Plus I like to think I'm more of the down-home cook and she’s really adventurous when it comes to food, trying all different flavors and textures.  She’s a sushi lover at heart (no really, she is…check out her blog www.mamaneedssushi.com) and I’d rather have steak and mashed potatoes.  But the blog was a great way for us to mesh our different culinary favorites.  Then she got busy with her photography and design business (www.loricrockett.com and by the way, she’s amazing) and I got busy with coaching and it sort of fizzled out…But she encouraged me to continue blogging, so I started this little blog, and the rest is history! 

One of my favorite recipes I wrote on that blog was for Garlic Cheddar Biscuits, very similar to a fish lovers chain restaurant…you all know who I’m talking about!  I had been making a simple cheddar biscuit recipe for years but I swear the addition of the cold butter in this one really put it over the edge.  Well fast forward to last week, when I made the homemade baking mix.  I decided to try these biscuits again using my own mix in the recipe, and Oh. My. Word.  Well, I take that back, words really can’t describe these.  They tasted so so close to the deliciousness you get in the restaurant and you really can whip them up in no time!

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
printable recipe
makes 8-10 biscuits

Ingredients:

Biscuits:
2-1/2 cups baking mix
4 Tbsp cold butter
3/4 cup cold milk
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Glaze:
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
pinch of salt

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 400°.  Combine baking mix and cold butter with a fork or pastry cutter.  Don’t overmix.  You still want to have small bits of butter in your dry mix. 
2.  Add cheese, milk, and garlic powder.  Mix until combined, but again, don’t overmix. 
3.  Drop onto cookie sheet.  (I use stoneware for this and don’t grease it, but if using a regular cookie sheet, you may want to).  Bake for 15 minutes or until they are lightly brown. 
4.  Mix together your butter glaze and brush on immediately after taking out of the oven.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...