Thursday, May 3, 2012

Easy Cheese Ball



Christmas Eve has always been one of my favorite family get-togethers.  We go to my grandma's house and have appetizer type foods and pretty much stuff ourselves all day long.  And once I turned 21? Let me tell you, a cocktail or glass of wine can make a gigantic plate of food seem even better.  I always wondered why the adults in my family had so much fun every year.  My favorite part though, is always catching up and telling old (and new) stories.  I have found I always laugh the hardest on Christmas Eve.

My mom used to always take this cheese ball every year, and once I appreciated how yummy this was, I never looked back!  I could probably sit down and eat a whole bowl of this by myself, but that would be embarassing, and I've never let myself get to that point...well maybe once.  But I am known to make one and eat the rest for lunch the next day, if I'm lucky for there to be any left!  Anytime I need to take a quick fix appetizer to take to work I always fall back on my mom's cheese ball.  People always ask for the recipe, and I always tell them you won't believe how easy it is.  You really can't mess this one up, I promise!


Cheese Ball
Ingredients:
2 blocks cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 bunch of green onions, finely chopped
2 packages of deli beef (I use Carl Buddig beef, the little $.79 packages)

Directions:
Chop meat and green onions and add to cream cheese.  Mix with hands and form into a ball.  Wrap with plastic wrap and chill until ready to eat.  Serve wth Ritz Crackers.

*Quick Tip: If you have a very sharp knife it is easy to chop the meat and onions.  In a pinch I have been known to use kitchen shears, which makes things super easy.  I also spray my bowl and my hands with just a little bit of cooking spray so more of it ends up in the ball and not on your hands!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...