Friday, September 23, 2011

2 Ingredient Pumpkin Cupcakes

pumpkincupcakes1
Yes, you read that right...two ingredients.  Count ‘em. One. Two. (three. four. get your woman on the floor...anybody? Mic check 1, 2?) When I saw these cupcakes online I thought, no way these are going to turn out.  How the heck can you get a good, moist cupcake with no eggs? I just had to see for myself...and man were they awesome! It was the perfect start to fall and pumpkin season.  Not complicated at all! But I couldn't just leave them be, I had to add a cream cheese twist of course.  I had all these grand plans of making a maple cream cheese frosting, but that would have required me going to the store to buy maple syrup and cream cheese…And seriously, once these things were baking, the smell kept me prisoner in my own home.  So I went with the easy alternative, cream cheese frosting from the pantry.  Someday I’ll make my own frosting…but for now I’m just going to enjoy this easy treat!  Let's hope there's not another pumpkin shortage this year, because I may be making these very often! 

pumpkincupcakes2

Pumpkin Cupcakes
printable recipe
makes 12 cupcakes
Ingredients:
1 box spice cake mix
1 can pumpkin puree

Directions: Preheat oven to 350°.  Mix pumpkin puree and cake mix together.  Spoon into greased muffin tin and bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Let cool, then frost with favorite frosting.  Dust with pumpkin pie spice (optional).

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...