Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Deli Style Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Cookies 1

When I go to Subway, I totally dig their sandwiches.  But when I was pregnant, I would also indulge in some of their oatmeal raisin cookies.  I’m a sucka for a big, soft, chewy oatmeal raisin cookie.  It’s not necessarily my favorite cookie…come to think of it I don’t really have a favorite cookie at all.  I love all cookies.  Weakness.

Cookies-5

I really could have eaten this batter with a spoon.  Straight outta the fridge I tell ya!

Cookies-4

I definitely snuck a few bites since during pregnancy I avoided raw cookie dough in an effort to protect the unborn.  I said no to raw cookie dough, but said yes to french fries, fast food, and desserts.  And I wonder why I gained 50 lbs. Ugh.

Cookies-3

I had a feeling just by tasting the dough that these cookies would be tha bomb.  And I was right.  For sure.  So right that I had to send them with my husband to work because I couldn’t be alone with them and a gallon of milk. 

Cookies-6

Hey the doctor did tell me oatmeal increases milk production…this counts right?

Cookies-2

Deli Style Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

makes 2-3 dozen cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup raisins
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cloves

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350°.  In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. 
2.  Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture or slowly add to stand mixer. 
3.  Stir in the oats and raisins.  Drop by large spoonfuls onto a parchment paper covered baking sheet.  I use a large ice cream scoop so my cookies come out extra big.  Press down on each cookie to flatten slightly.
4.  Bake 12-14 minutes or until light and golden.  If making smaller cookies bake 8-10 minutes.  Do not overbake.  Let cool for 2 minutes before removing from the pan.

Tips:
*You can freeze any extra dough for later use.  You can roll in a log and freeze so that you can cut slices later for a quick cookie.  These are great to keep for a last minute dish to take to a friend.
*Package all the dry ingredients, minus the raisins in a jar and tie the recipe to it as a great jar gift!
*Take the cookies out of the oven on the lower end of the time suggestion.  They will continue cooking on the sheet while they cool, so even if they look too raw, chances are they will be perfect when they cool.  And if not, just pop those suckers back in the oven!  They are supposed to be chewy.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...