Friday, March 4, 2011

New Additions

Nope, not the additions some of you are thinking about.  But there will be some new additions to this blog starting in the next few weeks.  Monday the 14th, my great friend Tanna and I are starting the Boot Camp Challenge in Columbia.  I completed this challenge (twice, what was I thinking??) before I got married in 2009.  I absolutely loved it.  My roommate and other great friend Kelly got me hooked on it after she completed the program.  Now don't get me wrong, it's grueling.  But the group workouts and the fact that I paid money for the program really help me to push through it.  And I'm hoping for the same results as I had the last time. 

Here's the conflict I have.  We all know how "down home, meat and potatoes" my lovely husband is.  But I don't have much of a choice when it comes to food during this program.  Not only do I have to eat healthier, but I have to log it.  Online.  For the instructor to see.  And if I don't, well let's just say it ain't pretty.  I can't be making creamy casseroles and using my beloved cream cheese in every dish anymore.  While I am a firm believer in all things in moderation, let's get real, it's hard to "moderate" when you have a steak and mashed potatoes sitting in front of you.  So I'm going to be adding some healthier meals to the blog.  I know that healthy can be delicious, but the last time I did the boot camp program before we got married, I was still living on my own.  This time will be different because I still love to cook for my husband, so this may be more difficult to balance.

Now, I know what you are all thinking.  Make him eat what you are eating.  And if he doesn't like it, tough.  There in lies the problem.  He likes "big salad night", so that's a plus.  But he likes his salad with tons of ranch dressing...negative.  He likes fish, such as salmon and tilapia.  But he likes it with a side of something really starchy and about 10 garlic cheddar biscuits.  Yes the man can eat about 10 by himself.  He doesn't mind roasted pork, or chicken breast.  But he likes it with a huge side of mashed potatoes and rolls. 

I married a farm boy.  I knew what I was getting all along, this is no surprise.  But I'm challenging myself to incorporate healthy options while still making my husband's stomach happy.  In the meantime, I'm doing a lot of research and jotting down recipes.  To my blogger friends, do you have any ideas on how to be healthy but not sacrifice taste????
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...