Tuesday, December 21, 2010

101 Things in 1001 Days

I hadn't seen this idea until reading this post on a friend's blog a couple of weeks ago.  Since then, I have been inspired to create my own list.  If you haven't seen this movement online, you aren't alone.  Up until a few weeks ago I wouldn't have had the slightest idea what this was.  It's a bucket list of sorts, but with an expiration date.  I really like this idea because you can't continue to put things off, thinking, "oh that's just something to do before I die."  Sure there's lots of things I would like to do before I leave this world, but why not now?  I have to admit, not all of these are my idea, but some are, and I'm very excited to start checking some things off.  Here goes...

The Mission:  Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:  Tasks must be specific (i.e. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (i.e. represent some amount of work on my part).

101 Things in 1001 Days
Beginning: December 21, 2010
End:  September 18, 2013

1.  Try Indian food for the first time, and make it at home
2.  Sleep under the stars
3.  Leave an inspirational note inside a book for someone to find
4.  Watch the sunrise and sunset in the same day
5.  Kiss in the rain
6.  Don't log onto facebook for 2 weeks
7.  Get a massage (no I've still never gotten one, shame on me I know)
8.  No fast food for a month
9.  Go night swimming (Lucy would be proud)
10.  Have dinner by candlelight
11.  Buy something I need from Etsy
12.  Go to church at least once a month
13.  Wake up early and do a daily devotional, consistently
14.  Go on a picnic
15.  Quit biting my nails...for good
16.  Surprise my mom with flowers and lunch
17.  Learn to drive a stick shift...well
18.  Plant and sustain a garden with my husband
19.  Go horseback riding
20.  Put away $5 for every goal completed, to be spent on a shopping spree at the end of the 1001 days :)
21.  Keep my house clean, but lived-in for 1 year
22.  Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years
23.  Don't complain about anything for a week
24.  Learn to back up a trailer
25.  Have a slumber party
26.  Send flowers anonymously to a friend in need
27.  Write a love letter to my husband
28.  Fill up a date bucket with date ideas and have one date per month from the bucket
29.  Do 10 nice things for people without telling them
30.  Compliment someone I don't know
31.  Surprise my husband with a gift and let him know I love him for no other reason but because I DO
32.  Pay it forward in a drive-thru by paying for the car behind me
33.  Stop texting and driving, no excuses.  Period
34.  Call my grandparents once a week
35.  Do a home improvement project
36.  Make a budget and stick with it by using the envelope system
37.  Hunt out of a tree stand
38.  Learn how to use a sewing machine
39.  Read an autobiography
40.  Get my conceal and carry permit
41.  Help train our next puppy
42.  Say yes to everything for one day (within reason!)
43.  Decorate a nursery :)
44.  Get at least 6 months of back up funds in savings
45.  Read once a week for pleasure
46.  Don't swear for a week
47.  Host a tasting party
48.  Ask 20 friends to suggest one book, then read them all
49.  Eat breakfast everyday
50.  Drink 64+ ounces of water 5 days of the week
51.  Get sexy shoes that make me happy, even if they will stay in my closet and never get worn in public because they make me look like a giant
52.  Make my bed every morning
53.  Build a new lingerie wardrobe and wear cute underwear more than half of the week
54.  Can vegetables from our garden
55.  Get a manicure (after #15)
56.  Have friends over for a wine tasting, everyone bringing a different type of wine
57.  Wear something cuter to bed than shorts and a t-shirt for 1 week
58.  Have a major purge/yard sale
59.  Watch a meteor shower
60.  Develop a better skin care routine (thank you Kardashians)
61.  Join a Bible study group
62.  Adopt a family for Christmas
63.  Volunteer 3 times
64.  Do a walk/run for a cause
65.  Take my parents out to dinner and pay for it
66.  Donate $5 to charity for each uncompleted task
67.  Take vitamins consistently
68.  Do laundry at least twice a week (not Saturday and Sunday)
69.  Donate 5,000 grains of rice through Freerice.com
70.  Host a game night and send out invitations
71.  Go a day without my cell phone
72.  Complete the Insanity workout program (all 60 days)
73.  Change the oil in my car
74.  Keep a gratitude journal and write down 5 things a day that I am thankful for
75.  Get a photo album made of our wedding pictures, better late than never right?!?
76.  Create and utilize a food diary
77.  Beat my husband at Monopoly (the only person I can't seem to beat!)
78.  Have a family picture taken
79.  Get life insurance for both me and Timothy
80.  Get all of our frames, pictures, and various animals hung on the wall.  Finally!
81.  Get flexible enough to touch my toes
82.  Mail out a card for all family and friends birthdays and anniversaries
83.  Work on the landscaping around our house, i.e. plant flowers and don't let them die
84.  Get my abs back
85.  Tip 50% for exceptional service
86.  Take my dad to a sports game
87.  Master false eyelashes
88.  Write a living will and have it notarized
89.  Go one week without hitting the snooze button (this may take all 1001 days...those of you that know me well know I like to set my alarm earlier just so I can hit the snooze)
90.  Eat when I'm physically, not emotionally hungry for 2 weeks
91.  Learn how to etch glass and make something for myself and something for a friend
92.  Go to a sporting event (MU or professional) with Timothy
93.  Send out thank you notes for gifts received.  I always say I am going to do this, then never get around to it.  And with pretty paper always on hand, I have no excuse.
94.  Read A Purpose Driven Life
95.  Buy something for the home from a flea market or Craigslist
96.  Don't eat anything after 7:30 for one week
97.  Remember to do monthly self breast exams
98.  Refurbish a piece of second-hand furniture
99.  Write a letter to Sarah and Mikela for them to open when they graduate high school
100.  Don't worry about anything for 24 hours.  I'm a worrier.  It's a horrible trait...so I may need to repeat this one over, and over, and over.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...